Saturday, November 21, 2009

A Beuatiful Caterpillar...

Most of my life, I have dealt with many obstacles. As we are overcoming one obstacle, it seems as another is placed in front of us. The challenges we must overcome! WHEW!!! God will not give us more then we can handle, right? When one door closes another one opens, correct? I must have faith that a new door will open. I must be strong! I must grieve and be grateful! A friend mentioned my new journey to me as that it is the process of a caterpillar becoming of butterfly. I think this is a great way to look at this and find beauty in it!

My husband found a caterpillar at work a few months ago. It was a beautiful little creature, fuzzy and green. Of course, my 8 year old son wanted to keep it, so we did. About two days later it turned itself into a cacoon. It was the most amazing thing, so we kept watch on it daily. We kept him on the patio in a little container. If you picked up the cacoon and placed it in your hand, you could feel the little caterpillar in there moving around, working away at becoming a butterfly and becoming free. Well, time went on and the caccoon started to thin out, so we knew it would be soon. We took the lid off the container, so it could become free when ready. A few days passed and I found the cacoon empty. I looked around the patio for a beautiful butterfly, but there was none to be found. In the corner of the patio on the ground layed a big brown moth. I was in awe! I could not believe that such a beautiful caterpillar, could turn into such a drab looking moth. I thought about this for awhile. I came to the conclusion that, although it had not become a beautiful butterfly, it was finally free. It was no longer held to the ground inching it's way slowly around. It was able to FLY!!! I found beauty in this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment